Thursday, April 10, 2014

Using some of my fabric stash to give New life for an old outdoor chair.


In this post I'm going to be showing you how I gave new life to an old outdoor chair from some of my fabric stash.

 After making the pillow form I cut out the fabric pieces for the outdoor pillowcase
 I then got the Lamifix which is an iron on vinyl product and I applied it to my fabric.
Then I ironed it on to the fabric With a small pressing sheet in between the iron and the Lamifix
 Here is the pillow form I made for it.
 After sewing three sides of the case together. I sewed a zipper into the side.
 If you've never used a zipper foot before I suggest trying it out. They are wonderful.
 After having it inside out I turned it right side out.

 I then inserted the pillow inside
 With a little bit of effort.
 Zipped it up.
What a great feeling pillow.
 Here is the back pillow I made with ties on it.
Here's what it looks like on the back of the chair.
Time to apply the ties to the chair.


And now it's ready to sit in.

It sure is comfortable.
Thank you for taking a look at my blog post :-)
 If you are in need of Ann's long arm quilting service we would love to be able to help you. Please check out the, Custom freehand long arm quilting page on this blog/website, 

1 comment: